Student Profile: Tim Reeves

Panther Press: For those who may not know you, what are two words you would use to describe yourself?

Timothy Reeves: Timothy and Reeves.

PP: Who is your favorite artist?

TR: Modest Mouse. I admire humility in artistry.

PP: What has your all-time favorite class been?

TR: The bourgeoisie.

PP: What do you look forward to doing most each day at Strath Haven?

TR: Every morning I wake up around 7:20, take a 5 minute shower, a 3 minute change and get to Strath Haven at roughly 7:34. It is at this time, as I am sprinting through the hallways, getting bewildered glances from classmates, teachers and guests, that I am at peace.

PP: Who is your favorite teacher?

TR: Mr. Shankweiler.

PP: I know that you’re a captain of the Ultimate Frisbee team. How has your season been going so far and what is your favorite part of the sport?

TR: Our season is going swimmingly…no, wait… frisbeeingly? In our last season, we won both the Division 3 cities tournament and the Division 2 October tournament, setting us up to enter into Division 1 this coming fall. My favourite part of Ultimate is the atmosphere, no matter how satisfying a win is or how crushing a loss is, everyone is really just happy to be playing.

PP: I’m also aware that you are one of our school’s leading advocates for sustainability. However, if that whole “reduce, reuse, recycle” thing doesn’t work out, how do you feel about Elon Musk’s plan to colonize Mars?

TR: Although it may have worked for Matt Damon in “The Martian”, I don’t see that plan really coming to fruition outside of the realm of Hollywood. That’s why we’ve got to continue focusing on ways to actually preserve this planet while we can.

PP: What is a fun fact about yourself?

TR: I am very good at juggling. Mainly with oranges. However, if you were to replace oranges with school, sleep and a social life, I am no longer that good at juggling.

PP: What advice would you give to this year’s freshman class?

TR: Take AP Environmental Science as fast as you can. If you’re interested at all by the field, it is hands down the best courses at Strath Haven. Also, even though at the time you might think it’s a really good idea, you probably shouldn’t attempt to start a semicompetitive, school-approved video game team with your friends in your sophomore year. Odds are it’ll end up being a huge waste of time. But what do I know.

PP: Which is the best: A, B, or C lunch?

TR: A is the best for those before class cramming sessions, B is 2nd because it splits 3rd block in half, and C is the worst because not only do you have to wait the longest, you also get the worst selection of food.

PP: What is the meaning of life?

TR: Getting good grades and having an impressive activities sheet.

PP: What is your favorite quote? TR: “Anything you laugh at, you’ll never be ashamed of again” – Moshe Kasher

PP: PC or Mac?

TR: If we’re talking computers, I prefer windows machines.

PP: What are your favorite colors?

TR: Black and silver.

PP: What is your favorite animal?

TR: The panther.

PP: Is the administration making you answer like this?

TR: No comment.

PP: How many almonds would you say is the perfect amount?

TR: Seeing as it takes 1.1 gallons of water to produce a single almond, consuming almonds is a clear ethical dilemma. In fact, I often feel so dirty after having a handful of almonds that I need to go take a shower–a vicious cycle indeed. As follows, I know that one singular almond truly is the perfect amount at any given time, and I think more people need to realize this.take a shower–a vicious cycle indeed. As follows, I know that one singular almond truly is the perfect amount at any given time, and I think more people need to realize this.

PP: Any advice for next year’s seniors?

TR: Do as many of your college applications during the summer as you can. It’ll save you a lot of time and stress during the first semester. Another tip for that whole process would be to write a couple of essays you like that fit the framework of a generic essay prompt (“Elaborate on one of your high school activities”, “When have you overcome an obstacle?”, etc.). If you have some of those on deck, you can always tweak them to fit the specific guidelines for each application and just generally make your life better.

Student Profile: Tim Reeves