Filed under Editorial Board

Photography 2

Photography 2 is not so much of a class as it is an experience. The moment you enter the classroom (if you can get through the frequently locked doors) you feel like you’ve gone back in time. VHS and Cassette tapes line the bookshelves, and the carpet is unlike any other room in the building. The daily prompts given by Mr. Zimmermann are always creative and fun to try and make good pictures, and the upstairs room always sees good use from them. We have a studio, but we don’t like to talk about that. Frequent walks outside also lend themselves to great photographs, as well as being a great opportunity to get some fresh air in the middle of the day. But it’s not all fun and games in Photography 2. No, issues like forgetting your camera and needing to redo your photo are common occurrences, and the peer-review sessions are a source of stress for many a photographer. But once you print that perfect picture that you’ve been working so hard on, you feel a sense of accomplishment that matches that of any artist. From inspirational speech Fridays to arguments about Orange Juice, Photography 2 is truly a class you have to take to appreciate. (No Pulp forever!)

Photography 2